Saturday, July 27, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - 'D'

It's fun to be back for Tom's great meme, the Weekend Roundup.

My first 'D' is The First State, Delaware. This photo was taken by our 8 year old son along I-95 on a family vacation in 2000. 

Here is my Delicious Dinner at Copper City Restaurant recently. Underneath the crisp fried onions is a braised short rib (fork tender), perfectly sautéed green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. 'Tasty' describes it well!

Dusk. We left Copper City as dusk settles in over Downtown Ansonia.

Dodge. I like old Dodges like my Grandpa's 1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer (3 tone: white, plum and black) with my big sister Michele posing. At our home in St. Paul Minnesota,1959.

And finally, one more old Dodge, a 1936. I like this photo as I took the hubcap and whitewall from wheelchair height - look closely and you will see the photographer. Have a great week all!

3 comments:

  1. ...'D'elightful 'D's! I've only been to 'D'elaware, 'The First State' once. Looks like I should head over to the 'D'elicious Copper City Restaurant. That 'D'odge baby moon, red wheel with chrome accent rings and and wide white walls can't be beat. I like the car reflected with you too. Thanks Ralph for stopping by. enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dinner sure looks delicious! I love everything on that plate, the onion rings look homemade! I have a small collection of license plates. The one on the old car "RV" I like a lot! They're my husbands initials, and we all call him "RV" often! Have a good weekend, Ralph!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ralph, I am sorry to be so late here. This is my third start, but I'm really glad to have a third visit. You are fortunate to have all these family pictures. Ours all got ruined in a flood back in 1979. My favorite photo here is the one of your reflection in that pristine Dodge hubcap. My ex in-laws had a 1957 Dodge that had big fins. Your son got a good picture of the welcome sign going into Delaware. I do a half hearted attempt to catch those also. They would have made a nice collection as we have been to all 50. Some we flew into.
    Have a nice week, I hope all the family health situations are better now.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...