Saturday, August 3, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - 'E'

It's fun to be back for Tom's great meme, The Weekend Roundup. The second vowel is featured and I'm living in the past to start...

Today we are in the NYC Manhattan for the annual Easter Parade, April 19, 1957. Aunt Terry (at 15), Grandma and Grandpa visited the parade where many a 'stylish' hat was worn. I like my aunt's flying saucer hat. Another 'E' is the WPIX truck emblazoned with Channel Eleven...
Like Tom, I found a 1959 Edsel! I like the way it looks but it has been estimated that ford lost upwards of $250 Million, and that was in 1959! Those losses then would be about $2.6 Billion in today's money. Yikes!! Have a great week all!

3 comments:

  1. ...my how times and fashions have changed. I remember my Mom, Dad, my Sister and I dressing to the nines for Easter. Look at those cars in front of Radio City and your Aunt and Grandmother were standing in the street. I doubt if that would happen today! I love the color of your Edsel. Ford has had some mighty poor cars over the years that sold much better than the Edsel. What was the problem? Thanks Ralph for stopping by, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love old photos. The fashions sure have changed. I remember when Easter was a very dressy occasion. Not so much anymore. Love the Edsel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Edsel, Ralph. I liked them when they came out. My theory is that Ford missed out in the Marketing area. A major problem also was that Mercury's were too closely positioned that they became competitors for the same market. I had a 1956 Ford Sunliner and to me again it was better than the Mercury. I really liked the parade pictures also.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...