Friday, August 16, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - 'G'

A missed week of Tom's meme The Weekend Roundup is not what I prefer. However, I am back for today's prompts, which means the seventh letter of the alphabet.


Graduate starts with 'G', and I have a few memories here. Top, dad graduated from Ohio's Bowling Green State University. As a bonus, he is with Grandma & Grandpa too!
I am a Graduate of Franciscan University in Steubenville, Ohio. Aside me is my Dad, 27 years later...
I like the rainbow that showed up for daughter Allegra's Graduation from Ansonia HS, 2006. I imagine she's had lots of Good Luck since then!
Our son Graduated from the University of Hartford in 2012. Allegra also graduated from the U of H (2010).
The George Washington Bridge is another. Known locally as the GWB, it appears to the right. I love looking at that 1931 beauty (but not necessarily being involved in its traffic :) Photo is from 2000 from the Henry Hudson Parkway.
Green is best represented (IMO) by this immaculate 1960 Plymouth Valiant. It is a lovely teal-green paint. Not pretty to be sure, but my favorite choice on the ballot at that show. It must have been the color...Have a great week all!

5 comments:

  1. ...what wonderful Graduation to be proud of in you family, Ralph.
    ...I drove over the George Washington Bridge ONCE and for me it'd 'once and done!'
    ...years ago would have never thought that a 1960 Plymouth Valiant station wagon would look cool, but today I've changed my mind.

    Thanks Ralph for stopping by, you were missed last week. Take care and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is some car Ralph. I love the fist shot and your family has all done well to graduate. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of proud graduate moments there! I love the colour of the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are proud of your graduates. Love the rainbow shining down on her. The Plymouth is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice Valiant, Ralph. I haven't seen one of those for a looong time. Your daughter was lucky the rainbow. Luckier still if she found the pot of gold. Have a nice week,
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...