Friday, July 12, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - 'B'

The second letter of the alphabet is the prompt this week for Tom's fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. The consonant  'B' offers many eclectic choices of photo to post about...

Here is the famed Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. My brother Chris, a resident of the Beehive State, captured this while on his way to Nevada. The annual Speed Week will be held in August. In 1970, a land speed record run here was 630 mph / 1015 kmH - the wide flat surface is made for speed!
How about a Bevy or Bunch of Buicks? In this oft-used photo in this Steubenville parking structure in 1955, three Buicks are parked in the top row with the toothy chrome grilles, (L-R) a 1954, a 1950 and 1951 Buicks...

Our family often vacationed in Brigantine, New Jersey. Here are all the Villers on the Beach, July 1969.
Finally, and a Favorite is a Blue Jay on our gutter. They may be screechy but so good looking! Have a great week all!

4 comments:

  1. ...in the '60s I got my first of many speeding tickets in my father's Bonneville. I was a slow learner! I remember seeing pictures of early parking garages like this one. 'B'rigantine, New Jersey is a new one for me. So you started out as a 'B'each 'B'um at a young age! 'B'eautiful 'B'lue Jay! Thanks Ralph for stooping 'B'y, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Bluejay is as pretty as they get, really pretty. We don't have them here so far south. The 50's were good year for Buicks. My cousin and his dad had them. Nice B's this morning, thanks, Ralph.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've posted some really nice photos, Ralph! As much as I like that beautiful bird, I really love the old pictures. The one of the family at the beach is my favorite. Enjoy your weekend.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toothy chrome is the perfect description for those Buicks. Beautiful family. Love the bluejay. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...