Saturday, January 19, 2019

The Weekend Roundup 'C'

It is Saturday morn just a few hours before the predicted snow/ice event to begin - so it's time for Tom's fun meme The Weekend RoundupThe third letter of the alphabet gives me plenty of subjects to choose from so away we go...

Begins with 'C'. Our son Cameron had an early affinity for Computers at age 7 in 1998 (L) and in 2001 (R). He is a software developer these days so it began at an early age :)
Here is a day of Celebration. I believe this is the day after V-J Day, when WWII ended in the Pacific (Aug. 15, 1945). My Aunt Terry is with other neighborhood kids as they hold that day's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Grandpa always kept is camera nearby! 
Here is myself on a Cold day sitting next to my wheelchair driver Dodge Grand Caravan along Main Street in Ansonia Connecticut. My Alderman, representing our City ward, inspects the van...

Candy. After our children did their trick-or-treat (here is from 2004), they would dump the contents of their bags on the table to sort (and consume) their haul. That is a lot of candy! 

A Favorite. The always lovely Patti captured this sunset from Ansonia's Main Street this week. The clouds allowed for a light bronze haze that is lovely. The steeple is from Three Saints Orthodox Church. Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. ...you are right at home when it comes to 'C's. Your vintage 'C'elebration photos are GREAT! Every kid of all ages enjoys enjoys 'C'andy. Thanks Ralph for stopping by, stay warm and enjoy the snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. V-J Day was a happy occasion, I remember it but I don't remember anything specific. Your storm came through here about two this morning. We had thunder and lightning and hard rain. I was sleeping and didn't wake up. Today was cold, in the 40's and 59"s, and the wind was blowing hard.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice selection of "C" photos, Ralph! I love old photos, so those are all my favorites this week. My kids also, used to dump their Halloween candy! In fact, I think I did, too! Have a good week!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...