Friday, January 4, 2019

The Weekend Roundup 'A'

Happy new year to all! I've been away for the holiday from Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup. The alphabet begins anew this week, so I have found a few...

Grandpa loved to take state line signs in his travels. Here is Arizona, I guess in 1938. I am unsure of where, but given the topography, perhaps entering westbound from New Mexico along US-60.
I live in Ansonia, Ct and this is the remains of the old Ansonia Copper & Brass along the Naugatuck River. Funding is being secured for demolition and environmental cleanup to be repurposed and a new modern industry to follow...
Then there is Antipasto. This was a fab choice for our ApĂ©ritif at a local restaurant. 
The final 'A' today is daughter Allegra, here in her role as a docent (representing 1762) for the local Derby Historical Society.
A Favorite. The always lovely Patti captured this cardinal on New Year's Day. What a great pose. Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Well done Patti for that lovely shot and I love your daughter in that costume. Ralph, I hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Ralph, 'A' was a winner for you! That 'A'ntipasto see fabulous. thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you back 'A'gain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your A post. That first photo is priceless. I find in our travels that there is no great opportunity to stop at entering state signs these days. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first old photo, and really like the looks of the Antipasto! I actually have a pic of an antipasto salad I had recently, but never even thought of that! Happy New Year, Ralph!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Nice shot of your daughter and that antipasto looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks for this lovely content. I will definitely come back in future and watch fro more very interesting subject love it , as well as this looks good, check out Top 10 places to visit in Shimla

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...