Friday, April 26, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - 'Q'

Friday is here so it is now time for Tom's always fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. 'Q' is altough letter, so I may be taking a few liberties here :)

'Q' stands for the New York City borough of Queens. The following two photos are from Easter Sunday 1961, in front of our apartment building at 204-03 42nd Avenue in Bayside Queens. On top, Grandpa, Aunt Terry, Michele, Sharon, Claudia and Vicki - when there were only 5 Villers kids. Grandpa (Ralph I), Dad (Ralph II) and myself are in the faded bottom photo.


Here is a 2017 photo from Bayside Queens. I was driving under the 42nd Avenue footbridge, the apartment was only 3 blocks to the right...

Here is a Quartet of chicken legs being basted while charring over charcoal...

Here is a Quintet of vegetables also being grilled over charcoal. I counted five different veggies - I hope that's correct :)

A Favorite. How about chocolate dipped strawberries from Tidmarsh's baked goods in Ansonia. The berries were ripe, the chocolate coating divine. It was a tasty treat and thus my fave for the week. Have a great week all!

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, as expected, Ralph. My twins were born in '56, five when your picture was taken. Queens is a good town borough name for this weekend. I like chocolate covered strawberries.
    Been missing you, I hope all is okay.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now those chocolate covered strawberries are mouth watering! I have sent you an email. Hope you like what I did.I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture from Queens. Love old pics. The food is making me hungry for dinner. Love chocolate covered strawberries.

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...