Friday, May 3, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - 'R'

It is Friday so time again for Tom's fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. Given my name, I like this week's letter :)


Starts with 'R'.  How about a generation of guys named Ralph. (L-R)  Grandpa, Dad and myself (age 16) on an unusually warm Christmas Day 1971 in Eat Hartford, CT.

A delectable 'R' is grilled vegetables consisting of eggplant, asparagus and Roasted Red peppers at Carmine's in New Haven.

Our daughter's  first car was a Red 1996 Plymouth Neon.

Here are red Roma tomatoes from a harvest a few years ago.

A Favorite. We have a single tulip next to our patio. It has been a cold and rainy Spring, and on Tuesday it remained closed.However with a bit of sun, it opened on Thursday. Spring has sprung!

3 comments:

  1. ...my Grandfather, Dad and I had the same thing going with Tom!
    ...I wish that Carmine's of New Haven was so far from me.
    ...can't wait for fresh tomatoes.
    ...it been cold and rainy here to, the tulip are just starting to open.
    Thanks 'R'alph for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph you did really great with all your "R's". I always did like the Plymouth Neon. We had a 1976 Volare, it was a fine care even if the floorboards did rust out. With over 150K miles we took it from Houston over to the East Coast, up to Maine, over across Niagra Falls, through Canada to Detroit, and back to Houston. At 167K I sold it for $200 as the transmission was leaking badly. The new owner fixed that with Stop Leak. Then I lost track I of it.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post of "R's" Ralph and marvellous to have a photograph of the three generation of "Ralph's". Now please buy more Tulips to go with that lonely one. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...