Friday, April 5, 2019

The Weekend Roundup 'N'

Spring may be here, but not the sunshine on this cold rainy Friday - a perfect time for Tom's fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. There are lots of ways to showcase the letter 'N', and here are my choices...

Here is New York City and this is Grandpa on Times Square. I believe this is New Year's Eve, either 1963 or 1964. Some readers probably remember the B.O.A.C. reference... 

Our furry, friendly, family feline Linus McDonald is a Nice fellow.

Back to New York City and a great picture taken by Allegra last summer of the iconic Brooklyn Bridge crossing the East River.

This is Night in NYC. I am driving and my passenger captured this view along the BQE (I-278) in Brooklyn.

A Favorite was taken by Patti this morning. It seems that these sparrows are posing for the photographer - and rather winsome at that. Have a great weekend all!

4 comments:

  1. Nice "N" post, Ralph. I like NYC, it's been a little over a year since we've been. We took a Princess ship from the Brooklyn Naval Yard. The second time was in 1964 when we drove from N.H. to Texas, moving there. Pretty (nice) cat too.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty kitty. I've been to NYC a couple of times and find it is a fun place to visit, but can't imagine living there. Cute sparrows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cat and the birds although I do hope they keep away from one another. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Ralph, you walk down memory lane stumped me with B.O.A.C.
    ...pretty kitty.
    ...I've only been to NYC a couple of time, it's too big for this country boy.
    ...how nice that those sparrows poised for Patti.
    Thanks for the visit, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...