Friday, November 2, 2018

The Weekend Roundup 'R'

A blog can be fun - if the hosting service allows, that is. I hope this latest version of Blogger works okay so I can blog again! So I am back again for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup. The letter 'R' is featured today, so given my name, I'll start there...

Here are the three Ralphs (Ralves?) on the New Jersey shore in the Summer of 1964. L_R is Grandpa (Ralph I), myself (Ralph III) and Dad (Ralph II). A trio, tribune or trifecta of namesakes beginning with 'R'!
Another 'R' is Ramp. The following is the operational sequence of the wheelchair ramp on my Dodge Grand Caravan. It does draw attention!


A Favorite. We've not had a hard frost yet this year in Southern CT, so the foliage has not been very colorful as a whole, only occasional bold colors appear. And one of those places is on a maple tree in our back yard. So at least we won't have to drive to Vermont for autumnal hues!

9 comments:

  1. What a great trio of Ralphs! That ramp is impressive,too. Happy weekend to you and the rest of the Ralphs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...'R'alph, 'R' is custom made for you. I am the third Tom in my family (different middle names though.) Your 'R'amp may draw attention, but you also need folks who don't one of those special parking spots up by the door to stop hogging them. No frost here either. Your new blog seems to working out well. Thanks for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "Three "R's", Ralph. I am thinking that is your grandfather in the header with the 50's Ford business wagon because he was a Ham (I forgot his call, mine is K1TLT) and the door wagon lettering is for his communication company.
    Also good wishes for you new blog. Mine probably need replacing but I had to lose my old posts.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should say "... 'hate' to lose my old posts."
      ..

      Delete
  4. The colour of that tree is stunning. Ralph. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - Ralph's wife here. The fall colors were late this year, but at least they arrived!

      Delete
  5. I had an uncle Brendan, then his son, my cousin, Brendan and then he had a son Brendan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure do have some beautiful fall color in that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice "R" post this week, Ralph. I like the three generation pic! My Dad, my brother and his son, also the same as your family. I wonder if it's still as popular to have Jr., and the III in a family today? I don't hear of it as much. There's nothing like a maple tree in the fall, the color never disappoints anyone! Have a good week!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...