Friday, November 9, 2018

The Weekend Roundup 'S'

It's yet another rainy Friday in New England, so a perfect time for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup. The letter 'S' is featured this week, and I have an interesting mix...

Our neighbor to the North is Seymour CT and this is attractive Summer landscaping leading to its downtown.

And here is a pair of Seals sunning themselves at Connecticut's Mystic Aquarium. Photo taken in 1999.

A mere two miles from our home is the Sevino Vineyards in Woodbridge, CT. I had the glass of white which was a Seyval Blanc, perfect for today's post!

I couldn't forget an obvious 'S' given my heritage, that being Steubenville, OH. Here is Grandpa in 1955 by his work vehicle, a '55 Plymouth

A Favorite. The always lovely Patti captured this blue jay on the gutter - and he seems to be posing for her. What a great capture of this winsome avian. Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Love the Jay an those seals are cute. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Ralph, 'S' was taylor made for you! If Seymour is anything like the sign it sure must be pretty. And who does love 'S'eals? 'S'evino Vineyards looks like a special 'S'pot. I love your vintage photo of your Grandpa! I wish that my blue jays would pose for me. Thanks for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a pic of seals, but didn't think of it. Nice shot. Love the blue jay, too! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...