Friday, November 16, 2018

The Weekend Roundup 'T'

It is Friday and thus time again for Tom's always fun meme The Weekend Roundup. And away we go...

It is less than a week before Thanksgiving, so here are some of the ingredients we use for our stuffing. No, we do not cube the bread, preferring the box mix, but the smell of sausage and onions and celery sautéing on Thanksgiving morn makes up for that!

Then there is Television. This is Grandpa in front of his (maybe new) Motorola TV in I guess 1952 or 1953. 

 Here are colorful Tea Wreaths for sale at a local craft fair. 

These are sandwiches and more served at an Afternoon Tea at the lovely Tea Roses in Cromwell, Connecticut.

 The final 'T' I'm using is Tent, this canopy at July 4 fireworks in Derby, CT a couple of years ago.

A Favorite. This sparse view is the last of the foliage over Pickett's Pond in Derby, CT. Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Yes I agree Ralph, the last shot is my favourite also. I remember we got a tv in 1953 to watch the Queens Coronation. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You came up with some great T's. Love that vintage shot with your grandpa and the TV. It looks like our first TV back in the 50's. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...'T'errific 'T's, Ralph. I've never seen a 'T'ea Wreath before. I hope 'T'hat you have a great 'T'hanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...