Friday, November 30, 2018

The Weekend Roundup 'V'

It is Friday and  I am back, so it's time again for Tom's always fun meme The Weekend Roundup. The letter 'V' is easy for me for at least one reason - it includes my surname which is Villers :)

This is the oldest Villers pic I have. I believe the year to be 1913, but cannot tell since it was in a scrapbook and the paper is hiding the postmark year. It is my grandfather at age 11-12. In those days, photos could be sent as a postcard and this was sent to his grandmother, Mrs. J.A. Yoho of Akron, Ohio. i found another 'V' here: It was mailed from Wheeling, West Virginia!

The next generation was my Dad, Ralph I. Villers II. Here is 1947, Dad and my Aunt Theresa. I think this along U.S. 40 at the Maryland-Delaware state line.

Next is a Vintage Villers Vacation! I am in a beach wheelchair with the always lovely Patti beside. The place is Craigville Beach on Cape Cod.

A favorite. Patti took this unique view in 2011 and she calls this Church and State. Taken in Norfolk Connecticut, the bell is in an old stone monument (state) by a steeple and cross. I don't know what it is, but this is one of my favorites. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see all the old photos but my favourite is also the last one. superb shot. Have a wonderful weekend Ralph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that you have these photos!

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...