Saturday, February 2, 2019

The Weekend Roundup 'E'

It is a sunny (and a bit warmer) Saturday, so time for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup. The fifth letter has a few subjects to explore so we now begin...

 My formative years included living in East Hartford Connecticut. This is around Christmastime 1963. It is a typical neighborhood tract house on the day after a snowstorm. I believe that is Grandpa in the window as Dad takes the picture.
Same Christmas, Grandma, Dad and Grandpa alongside our family 1963 VW Microbus on the driveway of our East Hartford home. Love the headwear, especially Grandpa's warm Minnesota hat.
I've probably used this before, but it is a favorite. This of course is the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Our daughter was on a High School trip to the City of Light. She captured this shot from a tour bus - always keep your camera ready!
Evening. This is an early Autumn evening along Ansonia's Main Street. Happy weekend all!

4 comments:

  1. Loved seeing the older photographs Ra;ph and that is an unusual shot of the Eiffel Tower. I hope you have great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I always 'E'njoy your vintage shots, I'd sure like to have the VW bus. Thanks Ralph for sharing, 'E'njoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing old pics. Nice memories. The Eiffel Tower shot is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I've said this before, I just love old family photos and I feel blessed to have so many, myself. We lived in Gales Ferry, CT in the 60's, I was just starting the 7th grade in 1963. I remember the highlight of our winters back then was going to Hartford during the Christmas holiday to see all the tiny white lights that lit up Constitution Plaza. DO you remember those, Ralph? I also loved going to G.Fox & Co. department store, it was especially fun to ride the elevator, and there was even an "elevator man" that ran it! WOW! Thanks for bringing these memories back to me. Have a good week!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...