Saturday, March 23, 2019

The Weekend Roundup 'L'

It is the first Saturday in Spring, and being the sixth or seventh day of the week (depending on your calendar), it is time for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup.

Begins with 'L'. How about the city of angels, Los Angeles. Here is a look at the famed Coliseum taken at the 1984 Olympics. That was a fun week for me in the L.A. Basin.

The next is London. This is my dad in the city on a business trip, March 1970. Rule Britannia!

I know this is a rabbit, and in English it is that. However in French, is is called a Lapin. Thus, 'L' is maintained! This was captured in our front yard a couple of years  ago.

Long includes the tidal estuary located between the East River and the Atlantic. We know it as Long Island Sound. An early morning look at the waterway in 2014.

A Favorite. I love Patti's capture of geese in her sideview mirror and the look forward and behind at Osbornedale State park. Have a great week all!



5 comments:

  1. ...Ralph, I have flown into 'L'A a few times, but have never been out of the airport. And 'L'ondon has never been a destination. 'L'ong Island Sound sounds neat. I was out today and geese are everywhere here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like every one of your "L" words, Ralph. My favorite is the picture of the geese showing in the rear view mirror. And I'm jealous of your being at the Olympics. We did go one year to see the Rose Parade in Pasadena.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image of our dad and how did you ven make that LONG image. Very clover to use the french for rabbit. I hope you have a good week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ralph, I enjoyed your L post. Love the bunny. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to LA many times, but it's been a while. We also went to see the Rose Bowl parade once, I think it was in 1980. It was on the bucket list to go there, also went many times to Macy's Day Parade in NYC. So Long Island Sound is also a familiar sight. Great photos! Have a good week, Ralph :)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...