Saturday, March 16, 2019

The Weekend Roundup 'K'

It is a blustery Saturday in March, so inside I stay, the better to participate in Tom's fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. Today I offer another eclectic mix of the featured letter...

Starts with 'K'. Like Tom, I feature Kodak, but with a twist. Grandpa took this at the Kodak exhibit at the 1939 New York World's Fair. Grandpa always took lots of photos so I guess that's why he took this. In the photo below, that's my dad at 11 years old by the GM exhibit. 

Family vacations past took us to Cape Cod, and this is Kalmus Beach in Hyannis. It's nice to look at the fancy sailboats anchored in the harbor...

Kids also begin with 'K' and we  have two (now grown, las). Here is Cameron's graduation from the University of Hartford in 2012. Next to him is Allegra, herself a 2010 grad from the U of H.

Every year, there is a 5K that traverses our Ansonia neighborhood. Last year Allegra participated... 

A Favorite. This is from a recent show that covered the patio. I'm not a fan of snow, but relaxing on the patio in warmer seasons is something to look forward to. Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. ...I must say Ralph, your family helped Kodak and my family for a long time. A lot longer than a 1/100,000 of a second! I've only been to Cape Cod once, I think that I should do something about that. As I look out my window, I see mud and leaves that didn't get raked last fall. I want spring to get here, but your patio looks nicer than mine! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty patio picture with a LOT of snow. 1939 New York World's Fair would have been nice to attend. My Mom went to the 1933 Chicago World's fair but she never talked much about it. I'm glad your daughter ran that 5K, does she still run? I used to run 5 and 10 K runs but my doctor says no running now. I wouldn't' want to anyway. Have a nice week,
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos, Ralph! I always enjoy seeing your family pictures. Have a good week!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...