Friday, March 8, 2019

The Weekend Roundup 'J'

After missing a week without participating in Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup, I am back! Happy to be here with a letter that offers a few challenges...challenges

Begins with 'J'. My heritage includes my birth state, New Jersey. My dad, on the left was a reporter for the Atlantic City Press in 1955 and is shown here with the very famous comedy team of Dean martin and Jerry Lewis. I assume the entertainers were between acts in Atlantic City. It is so cool that he got in the picture!

Since we are on the New Jersey shore, how about a family portrait in Brigantine in 1969? This is all the children of my father (7) and my Aunt Terry (6). Grandma and Grandpa are on the lower right. i'm wearing the gold blazer and a turtleneck in the summer heat - odd...NJ beach vacations were the best!

Here we are in 2000 crossing the George Washington Bridge heading toward New Jersey. Someone else took the pic while I was driving :)

Taken in 1982, the baby is my niece Jessie - a cute baby then and a lovely lady now...

A  Favorite. On a very cold day, Pickett's Pond at Osbornedale State Park in Derby CT. I am not a fan of a chilly winter, but the deep blue sky of the season is lovely indeed. Have a great week all!


6 comments:

  1. Brrr, your cold snow banked river picture makes me cold. Very pretty scene though. Nice family pictures, your dad with celebrities too. Have a nice week.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool that your Dad got no only to mett the 2 famous men but lie with them!! Love the images o your family Ralph. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Ralph, your archive of family pictures amaze me each week. Since I've never had a neck, turtlenecks were never for me. Thanks for stopping by, I hope that you have a special week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never spent time in New Jersey. The Jersey Shore always makes me want to go though. The pic of your dad with Dean and Jerry is wonderful! Love the old pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great history in New Jersey. What a great photo of your Dad with Dean and Jerry! The family shot at the beach is a classic. Hope your weekend is jolly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos this week, Ralph! I love family photos, and especially the older ones. Last June, I actually drove over the GW! I've been over many times, but to be the one driving, that was something! I've had a fear of bridges since I was in the sixth grade, but not so much in recent years. Enjoy your week!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...