Friday, March 29, 2019

The Weekend Roundup 'M'

Friday means that it is time for Tom's fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. I like today's letter as there are many example in my photo archives, so I offer an eclectic montage...

Begins with 'M' is Mums. Here is a recent seasonal look at the colorful mums at nearby Sunflower Farm in Orange, Connecticut.

Here is a ball caught in Midair - I don't think the little guy is impressed with this visual magic...

Like Tom, I found a Mercury, this being a 1956 Montclair. It has a 312 V-8 and a 3 speed with overdrive and a stylish black and white interior. 

Here is Mount Monadnock in southwest New Hampshire. This is from an old print from October, 1981

Many. Patti wrote an article about a Magnificent lady named Nellie (I said Millie in error) who has lived Many years, 100 to be exact. We published it in our Valley-Voice newsletter yesterday. She looks wonderful! You can see the newsletter HERE. Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. The mums are beautiful. Love the ball in mid air. Nice catch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...those 'M'ums are so BIG that you could call then 'M'assive 'M'onster 'M'ums.
    ...that little guy is off in his thoughts!
    ...my first car was a '55 Ford, Mercuries were always the deluxe version and this '56 sure is sweet!
    ...back in the late '50s or early '60s 'M'y family gent camping at 'M'ount 'M'onadnock.
    ...'M'illie sure is a 'M'agnificent lady!
    Thanks Ralph for checking in, enjoy your week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read you article about Millie What a marvellous woman. Love the car but I like the colour of Tom's better! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that Nillie, Millie was on your mind because of her age? The mums are pretty, I don't think I've ever seen a mum bush. I used to have a 1950 Mercury when I was in the service. I did me well, a Jimmy Dean two door coupe.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...