Friday, May 10, 2019

The Weekend Roundup - 'S'

More rain on a Friday - nine in a row says the CT weather forecasters on TV. Not that the weather today matters as it is time for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup. I have another eclectic series of scenes in store...

We begin with a Side Profile of our furry feline Linus McDonald looking rather regal from the side.

Given my heritage, naturally the steeltown of Steubenville  Ohio. On top is all Seven Villers children on the front steps of our grandparents Steubenville home at 1645 Oregon avenue, June 1967. Below that is from 1999 when the always lovely Patti and I visited my alma mater. Another look at Steubenville! 

Here is a great meal at one of our favorite restaurants, Rosa Mina in Ansonia. One of my favorite choices is Sausage and peppers over Spaghetti. Good eating!

A Favorite. This is the Osborne Homestead Museum at Osbornedale State Park in Derby CT. Frances Osborne Kellogg was an amazing and accomplished woman, She deeded the estate and farm to the state. I like the farmhouse and landscaping - it is lovely indeed. Have a great week all!






3 comments:

  1. ...your furry feline Linus McDonald sure does have a 'S'plendid 'S'ide Profile.
    ...the 'S'even Villers children in the 'Steeltown of 'S'teubenville Ohio is a 'S'pecial 'S'ight.'
    ...that plate of 'S'ausage and peppers over 'S'paghetti is making me hungry.
    ...what a 'S'ately place!
    Thanks Ralph for 'S'topping by, I hope that you have a 'S'pecial week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ralph -- Yes,Linus McDonald does look so very elegant, regal. Your spaghetti reminded me that a had bought a green bell pepper that I wanted Mrs. Jim to stuff with half, one link of two, of a package ofCajun Boudin (pronounced 'boo-Dan', Cajun seasoned sausage and rice). On my mom's side my great'greatgrandfather was an Osborne from the Wisconsin area. Loved seeing all Seven of you kids. I can't imagine growing up with six others. Great post!!
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favorite is my favorite, too. Love seeing those blossoms. Those seven children look like keepers, as does the kitty. Enjoyable post!

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...