Friday, May 31, 2019

The Weekend Roundup 'V'

It is Friday on the last day of May, thus time again for Tom's fun meme, The Weekend Roundup. We're nearing the end of the alphabet and I found a few...

Starting with 'V' is this Plymouth Valiant V-200.  The styling is odd, but this is a perfect specimen of an old Mopar in a stunning teal and white two-tone paint scheme. Taken three years ago,  it was my favorite at a car show (and I wrote about it for our newsletter back then, see it HERE, Page 2)

Here is a Veterans memorial in West Haven Connecticut. This monument notes those who served in Vietnam...

'V' also stands for Volleyball, this faded print taken at the Olympics in Los Angeles in 1984.

A Favorite. In Ansonia's Memorial Day parade, the featured honoree, Jay Murphy. The 99 year old veteran marched in kilt for many years, but now lives with his family in the Twin Cities. Our small city of Ansonia paid to fly him east to march in the parade. A gentleman who fought in WWII, he inspires all of us - at any age. Have a great week all!

2 comments:

  1. ...I know the 'V'aliant, but this station wagon is one that I've never seen before.
    ...'V'ietnam was troubling time in American history.
    ...never was much good at 'V'olleyball.
    ...Jay Murphy puts me to shame!
    Thanks Ralph for linking today, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have nice "V's", Ralph. I've only had two Mppars, a 1976 Plymouth Volare Wagon and a 1984 White Dodge 600 Convertible with a Mitsubishi engine. They were both really good cars. But I worked for Ford from 1961 until 1980 and all my other cars were Ford lease car turn-ins.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...