Friday, June 7, 2019

The Weekend Roundup 'W'

It is (finally) a warm weekend for us in Southern New England - so time for Tom's fun meme The Weekend Roundup. the 23rd letter is features and I have an eclectic group for the week

Begins with 'W' is this historic photo of my Aunt Terry on VJ Day, 16 August 1945 - WAR IS OVER! The paper is the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the place is on Oregon Avenue in Steubenville, Ohio

And since I have a subscription to Newspapeers.com researching my dad's newspaper articles, I thought I'd share the actual head I was able to find:

Here my first Wheelchair van being Washed by daughter Allegra way back in 1997

Here is a Wedding from 2004.

Week's Favorite. This is a quiet pastel laden sunset taken yesterday, the end of a peaceful day. Have a great week all!

3 comments:

  1. ...Aunt Terry was a little doll in 1945!
    ...nice to have a family van washer!
    ...weddings are fun.
    ...wonderful sunset.
    Thanks Ralph for sharing this week, please stop back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Ralph. I believe your Aunt Terry is about the age of my cousin, real cute. We had those same color clouds the evening before you. The sun was highlighting the brown. Our Houston weather man said it was the same brown dust that we saw on TV from Arizona, I think it was, the night before A huge rolling dust cloud on the ground the night before.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have that headline in the paper especially this WEEK. Gorgeous sunset Ralph. Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Shadow Shot Sunday - Jersey Shore Redux

The strong norther sun of Summer allows for interesting shadows in many places. For me, the New Jersey shore family vacations of decades pas...